Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Week 61 - The Will of God

Hi family!

 I hope you all had a good week, this week was an emotional roller coaster for me that's for sure! We had a few noches de Hogar, and we were able to go to the Mormon battalion with our investigator Alberto.  He's so cool, because literally in like 4 days he read 1 Nephi all the way through 19. Wowito! Haha it was way cool.

The biggest thing that happened this week is that Hermana Estrada decided to go home. Now I know what you might be thinking, that she didn't endure, or that she's giving up the fight early. When she first started talking about it that's what I thought too. But heres the thing: I think Hermana Estrada wanted to be here more than anyone else. I have watched her struggle and fight with severe anxiety for the last 6 weeks and she is one of the biggest warriors I know. I'm so proud of her.  And when we all prayed and fasted and went to the temple, when she got countless priesthood blessings, we came to the conclusion and the spirit testified to us that she would be of better use to our brothers and sisters at home. So, she will be coming to visit you family. Get ready for her, she's awesome.

 I had a super special experience with her and sister Garcia a few weeks ago. It was actually after the second session of conference on Saturday, we were at dinner with the Gonzalez family. I noticed Hermana Estrada starting to get anxious, and so we decided to leave so she could calm down. We were getting in the car, and I looked at her in the back seat and her eyes were closed, she had tears running down her face, and was shaking uncontrollably. I quickly got into the back seat with her and pulled her into me to comfort her. She was having a full blown anxiety attack. She could barely breath, and she began screaming from the pain in her chest. I was praying and praying and we called the elders hoping that they were close by. They got there in about 5 minutes and immediately came to the side of the window that I was on. Hermana Estrada was laying in my arms and we were holding her hands and I was trying to help her listen to my breathing so that she could match it. The Elders came in, and put their hands through the car window and gave her a blessing. In the blessing, the elder said:
"The Savior is here with you. His arms are around you." I then realized in that moment that the Savior is here with us always, and when we are there to comfort anyone in the name of the Savior then He truly is there with us. I also learned that I truly am a representative of Him, that I have the sacred responsibility to do as He would do.

I love Him! And I love all of you. Have a good week. ❤❤



 Noches de Hogar (family home evening)
 Battalion with Alberto
 Zone Meeting
 Bowling with the district

No comments:

Post a Comment