Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Week 10 - GOATS 🐐🐐🐐🐐

Hola a todos!
This week a lot of funy things happened.  At the beginning of the week, we had interviews with Presidente, which went well. After the interviews, he like motioned me over to where he was standing, and I got all nervous like oh what happened? Then he proceeded to take out his iPad and was like "my wife thought it would be cute if I took selfies with the missionaries." So we all took
selfies! I'll attach them. But it was fun.  I've also made a new friend in our little branch!  Her name is Hermana Barragan, she's old and loud and I literally can't understand a word she says, but she's really funny. And for some reason she has taken a special liking to me, and has me walk her to every meeting and she has like this death grip on my arm as we walk together. But I actually enjoy it because I can practice understanding Spanish and I am making a new friend while I do it!

Also, I forgot to mention this last week, but Elder Holland is coming to visit the mission at the end of May! And with that, Presidente has asked us to all recommit ourselves to becoming consecrated missionaries and practice perfect obedience. So, I have loved being able to work on following every rule completely. This is something (though I am not proud to admit it) that I have never done before in my life. And what a better place to start than on a mission where the rules are so critical and so numerous? I've already seen the blessings come, and I look forward to becoming more consecrated as the weeks go on.

Also, the highlight of the week was the GOATS. Many of you may know that I really like baby sheep, and these baby goats were almost just as cute. One of our less active members that we went to visit let us see all of her goats and I even got to hold one! I'll attach a some pictures and a video, and if you listen closely in the video, you can hear the goat's adorable little sound he makes. She also let me hold a baby rooster. And on top of that she offered to come sit in on a lesson with a referral, which was even better than the goats! We're having that lesson on Thursday, and we're really excited.

This week, I've been working on developing Christ like attributes and the one I am working on is patience. WORD OF CAUTION: if you pray for patience, just keep in mind what you are signing up for. Lots and lots of opportunities to lose your patience! Haha. But it's been good, I've noticed a change already. There's a quote from President Monson in Predicad Mi Evangelio que me gusta mucho:
"Life is full of difficulties, some minor and others of a more serious nature. There seems to be an unending supply of challenges for one and all. Our problem is that we often expect instantaneous solutions to such challenges, forgetting that frequently the heavenly virtue of patience is required.”
I love this! And I read it almost everyday to remind me that I am developing patience, I'm not just going to receive it. And that patience is so so so important in our everyday lives, because we have many challenges every day. So I challenge you all to practice patience in your lives! No matter what, we all can become more like Christ, and patience is a good way to do just that. And I would love to hear about how excercising patience is changing you for the better. :)
I love you all so much, and I'm so grateful for your prayers. πŸ’˜πŸ’˜
Hasta la proxima semana!
Hermana Fowlks
 Goats!
 Hermana Fowlks with a baby rooster!
 Selfies with President Schmitt.
 Hermana Fowlks and Hermana Tuia with President Schmitt and the elders from the zone.  There are also two other Sister companionships and one other companionship of Elders that had not made it to the meeting yet.
 Video of Hermana Fowlks with a goat!

No comments:

Post a Comment