Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Week 9 - IT RAINED!

Hola mis amigos!
This week was pretty great, I felt the spirit a lot more than in the first couple weeks out here and I think it's because I'm finally adjusting! The first couple days of the week were pretty much the same, lots of contacting and lots of sweat. I got my first door slammed in my face so that was pretty interesting! It wasn't too bad though.   BUT THEN. We had zone meeting on Friday and the sister training leaders gave a really good lesson on being the Shepherd or the Hireling. When we talk about the Shepherd obviously we're talking about Jesus Christ.  He volunteered and did what He did out of love.  And He is patient, kind, and fulfills the will of Heavenly Father. Now the Hireling, he is someone who is paid to watch the sheep, and he only does it for the money. He doesn't care about the sheep, and he definitely wouldn't leave the 99 and go find the 1. So, now I ask all of you, are we being a Shepherd or a Hireling in our own lives? Are we giving everything we have to others out of love?  Or are we going through the motions?  Remember we are put on this earth to be happy, and to help others be happy. So this week I am working on recommitting myself to work to become more like the Shepherd and to reach out to others in the midst of daily life. And lets do it because we want to serve others and the Lord, not because we're asked to. I know that we will all be blessed by working harder to achieve this!

So then after this awesome zone meeting, we look outside and it is pouring rain. After sweating for 3 weeks straight this was definitely a blessing!! So we took some cute pictures that I'll attach.  Then we had exchanges yesterday! I was really nervous, I'm not going to lie.  But I went and worked in El Centro with Sister Sanders.  And WOW! I learned so much. Also she drove over a pothole and broke the undercarriage of the car and now it makes a TERRIBLE sound so that is a bummer. But the guy that pulled over to help us asked for a Book of Mormon! So that was great.
I think that's all that happened this week.
Thanks for your prayers, I love you all!

Hermana Fowlks

Here is part of Hermana Fowlks letter to me (Mom)-

Pday: we wake up and exercise and then go do our laundry and study. Then we go and buy groceries and clean the house. Then we go to a church in el centro and use the wifi to write, then we play in the gym with the elders. We play basketball or frisbee or whatever else. IT'S SO FUN. There's not really anything to do here in the Valley so we just play sports together. We might go to the navy base next week though.  And yes I will always be writing in the afternoon because we have to do all that stuff in the morning and we don't have wifi at the apartment. Sorry! (I asked Hermana Fowlks if she could write email in the morning so I don't have to wait so long each Tuesday to get her emails!)
We spend our days going to appointments and visiting people and talking to people! Just doing what missionaries do!  I'm doing tons better, I've found more motivation in my purpose. This is my purpose:
"Invitar a las personas a venir a Cristo al ayudarles a que recibirán la evangelio restaurado mediante la fe en Jesucristo y su Expiación, el arrepentimiento, el bautismo, la recepción del don del Espíritu  Santo, y el perseverar hasta el fin."
(Invite people to come unto Christ and help them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end.)

So yeah! You should learn that, and whenever you start to miss me, just remember that purpose because that is what I am doing! Then you'll know some Spanish too ;) this really is the best language.
Your fasting worked! 😘 Definitely. This morning I woke up with a new resolve to be a missionary and a greater understanding of why I am here. So it definitely worked!
 
Zone Conference April 8, 2016
It Rained!

No comments:

Post a Comment