Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Week 53 - Week of Happy!

Hi everyone!
 
This week I found so many things to be happy about.  First, we went to the temple on Thursday with James to do baptisms for  the dead! It was so good to take James to the temple! Such a spiritual experience. It was the biggest privilege to be baptized in proxy for James's mom. And afterwards, I just felt such a big "thank you" from her. For helping and teaching her son, and then for helping her receive the ordinance as well. I love the gospel.  

Also, Thursday we did weekly planning, which I have come to dislike less after a year of doing it, I understand more of the necessity for it.  We also that day went and taught our family that got baptized. We have a thing where we see our investigator every day for the last 2 weeks before their baptism just to make sure they are ready for their baptism and that Satan doesn't get a hold of them.

Then on Friday we had a ward activity which started out as the most stressful thing ever but then turned out great. And the next day our sweet family from Haiti got baptized. ❤ they are so awesome. We are currently teaching the Carmona kids, they are looking good to get baptized on the 25th.

Saturday morning we went to the temple with James and another recent convert named José and the elders came and Manny and Julian came as well it was really good also our ward mission leader, Martin, came as well. Then we came home ate lunch and went to the baptism.  It was kind of crazy and it was a little bit last minute but I think it all turned out OK.  Julian was able to baptize our investigators and it was cool to be able to see him do that.

Sunday we had a special stake conference and Elder Hallstrom from the presidency of the 70 came and talked to us. My companion knows how to translate but it was good and I listened to it in Spanish and English. Then we had lunch with Martin.

Monday we had MTE's which is like a giant exchange with other zones in the mission. It was fun,  sister Sego came to Santee with me. We had a good day yesterday but we got lost on our way to dinner and almost ended up at the Imperial Valley! But it turned out really good and it was a good bonding moment.
 
Transfers are next week and I'm pretty sure I'll be getting transferred. I'll be fine, because all of the people here that I love so much I will see again in like 6 months or so, so it will be okay.

Keep praying, keep going. I love you all so much!

Hermana Fowlks




No comments:

Post a Comment