Wednesday, February 22, 2017

week 54 - Transfers and Trios

This week McKell didn't send a group email,  but she did send me a video and it was special to me so I typed it up -

Hey Mom,

So I don’t have a lot of time today because we had transfers and then we went hiking and hiking took a long time, so I’m making a video to respond to your email.  Things have been better this week I’ve been able to…  well they have been better today and yesterday.  Things have looked up, your prayers have definitely worked.  And I wanted to ask you how you deal with it when one of us kids is upset or when one of us is going through something that you can’t control, that you can’t change.  How do you deal with that without it tearing you apart?  Because that was what I was doing last week.  That was what was making me have a hard time and it really tore me apart.   Like it really really had me up set.  And I know that I’m not supposed to carry a burden like that, like no one should.  I know that I’m here to help people, I’m here to lift people up, but I’ve got to make sure that I’m doing ok too, because if I’m out then I can’t help anyone anyways.  So I just wanted to ask you for advice on that.  I’ll tell you more about it next week, when I have more time.  But things are going good that way. 
We’re in a trio now with Sister Strada, and Sister Garcia, you already know her.  We had family home evening last night at Manny and Julian’s house.  It was good.  We lost the keys, but then we found them… in my bag.  Everyone was mad because everyone was searching and they were in my bag the whole time but it was fine.  And I’m really excited to still be here in Santee and I’m excited to be in a trio.  It will be really good.  I love you so much, and I’m so grateful for you.  You’re the best mom ever.  I was just telling Sister Garcia about this the other day.  I was thinking about Manny and Julian and how their mom is not there for them a lot and how they just need like motherly love and I said “I just wish that my mom could just come here and just love them.   And just be their mom for them.  Because they deserve that, they’re so special.  They deserve a mom like you, you took really good care of us.   But hopefully they will go stay with you guys over conference.  It’s still over a month away, but if anything they’ll stop by and say hi so you’ll be able to meet them. 
So just keep me in your prayers.  I know you do already.  Ok we love you, I love you.
Bye…

No comments:

Post a Comment