Thursday, March 9, 2017

Week 56 - Toilet paper miracle!

Hey everyone!
I'm so sorry that I've been doing such a bad job at writing group emails. I will sum up:

Last Saturday we had a baptism! The cutest little kids ever were able to be baptized. Their names are Fabian, Rocky, Roxy, and Edwin. The three oldest got baptized. I love them so much! Their dad got baptized just under a year ago.

We had stake conference on Sunday which was just the greatest! I received so much revelation and my testimony as gotten so much stronger.

One funny thing that happened this week is that on Friday we realized that we were on our last roll of toilet paper. We didn't calculate it correctly with there being 3 of us....so we were wondering what we were going to do because P day isn't until Tuesday. When just as we were walking we saw a family selling things and wouldn't you know it, they were selling toilet paper! So we bought some and got their information and will be going back to teach them. 😊

We also were able to find another family to teach! Their last name is Ramos. When we first taught them they had just been baptized that very day in another church. But they accepted a Book of Mormon and hopefully they will have a baptismal date soon.

I know the Church and the gospel that we learn in it is the way back to our Heavenly Father. And I know that Jesus isn't just a person we read about in a book, but is real and has the power to take away our sorrows if we let him.

I love you all so much!
Hermana Fowlks
 
PS - Sister Fowlks Mom here - Sister Fowlks has had a lot of responsibility placed on her shoulders in her mission  She has been asked to help so many and she wants to fix all of the problems of the people she is serving.  So as a result she has been struggling herself with knowing how to help.  This is part of her personal email to me which goes into detail without sharing too much.  There might be someone out there who needs this...
 
"So Saturday night we decided to fast but I also decided that night that I would know what to do. I've never really had a testimony of fasting, but I was desperate. I had been trying to read my scriptures, I had received a blessing from the Elders, I had been praying like crazy. I literally said that morning in my prayers: "I give up Heavenly Father. I will do whatever you want me to do. Just help me to be happy. Please." And wouldn't you know it, that day during stake conference, all of the sudden I just received tons and tons of revelation. First, that I had the choice to do anything. I had been feeling weighed down by all these things that I saw as "limits" as a missionary. That I couldn't help people as I thought I should be able to. But I realized that I needed to be choosing to follow these rules because I loved the Lord. And that helped. Then all the sudden the Savior became real for me. He wasn't just someone we talked about and read about in a Book. I realized that literally I can choose to be happy because He will take it all from me.  And not just from me, but from all of these people. And that when I can turn them to Him, it is showing them my love more than  anything else I could possibly be doing. Just like it says in Alma, that the word of God has more of an effect on the hearts of the people than the sword, or anything else. And right then, when I saw these people or talked with them later that day, I knew what to say and I knew what to do and I was able to go throughout the rest of my day and be happy and not worry. So yeah that was my week! It was really good. And I am doing so much better now."
 
Sister Estrada, Sister Fowlks and Sister Garcia
 

 
 




I love you all so much!
Hermana Fowlks

No comments:

Post a Comment