Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Week 66 - I can see Mexico!

Hey all!

So the big news of the week is that I am out of Santee and into San Ysidro! It's a beautiful little border town and I can look to one side and see Mexico and look to the other and see the ocean.  It's beautiful.

My new companion is named Hermana Echeverria.  She is also wonderful!  She is from Utah, but her family is from Guadalajara Jalisco.  Same place as Hermana Garcia! But Hermana Echeverría is waaaay less Mexican.  I feel like I'm more Mexican than she is half the time!  But it will be good.  We've served together before, and her and I have already had a ton of experiences together. We should be having a baptism this weekend, so I will let you know how that goes.

My new area is amazing! WE CAN RUN TO THE OCEAN IN THE MORNING.  AND I CAN SEE TIJUANA FROM THE APARTMENT.  If that's not paradise I don't know what is!
 
I'm sure things will turn out just fine here. I'm so sad, but we're having a baptism this weekend so that's awesome! The Lord has some of His children prepared here for me to find and teach and invite and help and love. And I am excited to find them! I'm auditioning to sing at a devotional today so hopefully that goes well and I can sing at it this Sunday. 😊

My heart aches to have left Santee, I truly felt at home there. But I am excited to see what the Lord has in store for me! This picture is of Jose Luis. He has been such a big miracle.  He is actually the uncle of Manny and Julian and should be getting baptized at the end of the month.  He bought Hermana Garcia and I Mother's Day gifts!  He lives in a trailer outside of Manny and Julian's house and we can't go in because there has to be another woman inside.  But we had to take a picture with him because it was so kind of him to do that for us!

I love you all!
Hermana Fowlks

No comments:

Post a Comment