Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Week 68 - This kind of happiness only comes from missionary work and tacos!

This week was so awesome.

We are doing so much work here and there is so much to be done! We have been running around like crazy and I have never been so tired haha.

Yes we went to the border, I bought a shirt and a headband and some rings. Our investigators are doing really well, we are able to set dates almost weekly and add a lot of new people. My companion is wonderful and patient and is a really good missionary. I'm trying to help her learn how to take the lead and to lead others around her. And no we haven't met the new President.  President and Sister Schmitt leave at the end of next transfer. We will probably meet them then.

Last night we had a super cool thing happen. We were teaching a wonderful family and we were already running super late, so we didn't have time to teach much. We decided to just read the first verse of the first chapter of Nephi. And we talked about the importance of "goodly parents." The whole atmosphere of the home changed just from one scripture. And when we committed them to pray as a family, they accepted and called the whole family in to tell them that they were going to make a new change and that they were going to start praying at night. And the dad said the prayer and it was beautiful and I have never felt like I have fulfilled my purpose more than in that moment.

It is the small moments like that when I realize why I am here.  I love you all so much and I love my mission. I love all the people here and I'm so grateful for the person that Heavenly Father is making me.
Talk to you next week!
Hermana Fowlks
 
Lunch with a recently returned sister missionary, Shantell

District Meeting at the Mormon Batallion
 Flautas!
 A ward party, a Kermes!
 The Elders at the Kermes!
 Exchanges with Sister Thompson.
 This kind of happiness only comes from missionary work and tacos!

No comments:

Post a Comment