Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Week 67 - Isidro en Ysidro

Hola, 
The work here in San Ysidro is so great! We have been so blessed to be able to see our wonderful friend Isidro get baptized. He's always telling us about his "cholo stories" and about his time in the army, but that is how much the gospel has changed his life. The best thing is his "10 Mandamientos de Las Chivas" shirt (picture) because it pretty much just trash talks all other soccer teams ever except Las Chivas and it's so awesome. 
It's funny how quick your heart can just open up to so many people right after it being torn out of your chest! Haha but even though I miss the beautiful people there in Santee I already love the people here so much. 
We have been able to find a lot of new people to teach and we expect to just keep on helping our brothers and sisters get closer to Christ. Working super hard every day.
Last night we got really close to TJ and today we are going to the border! And we're probably going to go shopping! Whoo hoo. I need some new dresses, and I want to be able to buy a new swimsuit here too because they are cheaper haha. There's this mall called Las Americas that's literally like a mile from Mexico and they have some pretty cute stuff. So we will see!
I love you so much Mom, and I miss you tons. I'm starting to stress about coming home haha. I mean, I'm completely focused on the work, not trunky or anything, but I don't want it to be a huge shock so I'm reminding myself of it every now and then, so that I don't just expect  to live here forever. Anyways, that's what's going on. My new companion is wonderful, I love her tons.
We had our last interviews with President yesterday because they leave this transfer. Super sad! I love them so much. 
I feel super happy to be able to be here, and I know that this is where I am supposed to be. Thanks for all the love and support. 
Hermana Fowlks 
 
Isidro at his baptism
 Isidro and his 10 Mandamientos shirt
 Saying goodbye to Pres and Sis Schmitt
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment