Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Week 70 - Bigger than chihuahuas

Hola everyone!
This week we had a pretty good time. We were able to find a lot of new people to teach, including a family! They seem pretty interested, so hopefully they will commit to be baptized soon. We are constantly finding.

I had a really cool experience with Hna Brosio on an exchanges yesterday. We went to knock on a mans door and we hear just an army of chihuahuas behind it. Someone opens the door and says that we can't come in because the chihuahuas bite. But we were persistent, and finally he came out to save us the pain of having to have our ankles gnawed by chihuahuas. He said he didn't have much time, so Hna Brosio asked if we could pray with him. So we did, and after the prayer, he literally could not speak. It was crazy. Like, he was crying, but he didn't say a single word. He just waved goodbye.
We're going back to see him on Thursday.

I love this work! I'm so happy to be here. The work always has times where it seems like Satan is trying everything possible to make it not happen. And there is times when I feel like I am no where adequate and the thought literally comes to my head "I can't do this." You'd think after 16 months I would have it down. But I definitely don't! It still gets me down when I see people reject the gospel. I feel like I'm at the top of my teaching game, I am the best I've ever been at teaching and finding and helping. But people still don't accept it! Or I feel like I did something wrong and it's my fault they didn't say yes. Satan just works really hard. I know that feelings of doubt or despair never come from Heavenly Father, so I try to ignore them.  Even when it is hard I know that the Lord is with me, and so nothing can be against me that is bigger than Him.

I love you all have a good week!


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment