Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Week 69 - Jose Luis 💪

What a wonderful week!

We are teaching like crazy. We are finding like crazy. I'm so tired that I have started praying with my eyes open to avoid falling asleep.  But the highlight of this week was the baptism of Jose Luis.  He was actually from my last area. He was the old guy that bought us Mother's Day presents. He has been waiting to get baptized for about a month now, and he is just the most changed man I have ever met in my whole life.  He used to make fun of his nephews for being members. But then he started listening to the missionaries and he got a priesthood blessing after being paralyzed for over 5 years and was able to take some steps. And he started reading the Book of Mormon, and started being kinder to the missionaries. And was finally baptized on Saturday! We were able to video chat into the baptism and watch it from the chapel in San Ysidro. IT WAS THE BEST.

I know that people can change. I know that God takes care of His children.
I love you all have an awesome week.

Hermana Fowlks
Hermana Echeverria and Hermana Fowlks
Baptism of Jose Luis
Visiting Isidro in the Hospital

Exchanges with Hermana Nougera

No comments:

Post a Comment