Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Week 37 - We Walk By Faith

Hi everyone! I hope you had a good week! :)
 
This last week was a little hard for me, I was tired of the stresses and hard things of missionary work and I just wanted to run away from all of it! I felt like someone else could be doing a much better job than me. So I took it to Heavenly Father during my personal study on Friday morning. 
I decided to study about faith in Jesus Christ, and I came across something that I had studied and written on the Fourth of July. It was from a talk called "Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ" by Gene R. Cook:
 
"Expect trials of your faith. Life is all upstream-all uphill. You may at times desire to remove yourself from the swift current to rest awhile, but you must go on. If you are on a plateau, you need to be on your way. Challenges and difficulties that many of us resist are the very elements which refine us and make us godly men and women. The Lord will try you in every attribute possessed by man and at all stages of development in your life. He will try you again and again until you know that you are able and will serve Him at all costs."
 
AND THEN I opened up the Ensign from last month, and read an article where callings in the church are compared to private piano lessons. It said: 
"Accepting a calling was more like enrolling in private lessons--with the Lord. Knowing both our strengths and weaknesses, He places us in situations where our unique gifts are needed to bless a ward member, a class, even a Primary. Although the former Primary president [or in my case another missionary] may have just finished performing a concerto, the Lord knows when it’s time for my simple sonata. Through our callings, He gives us the experiences we need to become more like Him."

I know this is the work of the Lord, and that this is His church. I love you all so much and I am grateful for you! Have a good week! 
Hermana Fowlks 
 
Also, we did have one crazy thing where this guy asked me if I was afraid of getting robbed and then he was like "because I'm going to steal your heart" and it was hilarious.  Also, Noah's date for baptism is set for November 5th!  Jose moved his date back to December 10.  Sad that I won't be here for that, but that is what he needed to do.
 
One morning we realized we accidentally left our window open overnight and woke up to a freezing apartment!  So we ended up studying in our bathrobes until it warmed up.  Quite the adventure!
 
San Diego temple (and my little self)  Oct 18, 2016
 

 
The sisters needed a ride somewhere, so naturally we took a selfie.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment