Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Week 76 - I Hugged a Giant Metal Man

Hi everyone!
The work here in San Ysidro is still going well.
Actually.......it took a bit of a turn.  This week my heart broke on Saturday night when Susana told us that she had made the decision to not be baptized. Her fiancé had told her that he did not approve of her baptism and that he would not marry her if she chose to be baptized. She made the decision to stay with him. A hard decision I'm sure. But, when things like this happen you start to think about all of the things you could have done to prevent it! "Could I have been more diligent?" "What did we do wrong?" And all sorts of things start to run through your mind.  But then you realize: it's not about me. And it never has been.  I know that Heavenly Father will take care of Susana and that He's got a plan for all of us! And then the next day at church a woman walked in after having been invited by her friend to come to Relief Society.  After Relief Society, the member she was sitting with had been talking with her the whole time about how great it was to be a member of the church and be baptized. So afterwards she comes up to me and says "That sweet Sister back there told me that I should talk to you about being baptized. How long will it take for me to become a member of this church?"  I couldn't believe it. It was way cool. We have an appointment with her on Thursday!

I love you all so so much and I'm so happy to be serving the Lord.
Thank you for all your love and support.
Love, Hermana Fowlks
The Giant Metal Man

 Cool artwork at the beach
 Tijuana behind me!
 Exchanges!

No comments:

Post a Comment