Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Week 6 - San Diego!

Hermana Fowlks' Mom here -

I went to bed last night anticipating a phone call from Sister Fowlks this morning as I thought she would be flying out to San Diego.  I opened my email to check in before going to sleep only to find that she had already arrived in San Diego a day sooner than we expected!  Sad that I missed her phone call, but relieved that she is safe and happy!

Here is part of the letter her mission President sent along with a couple of photos -

"We are so grateful that your sons and daughters arrived safely in San Diego.  I met individually with each of our new missionaries and am so impressed by their dedication and desire to follow Jesus Christ.  Tonight, they were assigned to their first area and missionary companion.  Tomorrow morning, they will tour the Mormon Battalion Historic site and then will head out to teach the gospel in their new areas."
 
The sister to McKell's right was her companion in the MTC.  I know one of the Elders pictured  was also in her MTC district.

No comments:

Post a Comment