Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Week 15 - Sanctify!

Hola mis amigos! ¿Cómo están?

This week was pretty eventful! We have been busier than ever, working with the two areas. But this week I learned a lot about miracles.  I have been reading Jesus the Christ and I read a part where Jesus was in an area and he couldn't do any miracles because of the lack of faith that the people had. And it really made me think about my faith!  And every day I pray for miracles,  but it made me wonder if I'm actually believing and doing things to see those miracles. I then read in the Bible, Joshua 3:5:
 5  "And Joshua said unto the people, Sanctify yourselves: for tomorrow the Lord will do wonders among you."
This scripture is awesome! I've been really working to sanctify myself, well the whole mission has been working on that especially for the coming of Elder Holland. But I know that I am here to see miracles, and that as I sanctify and excercise my faith I will see them!

Saturday was awesome!! One of our new investigators, is having some health problems. So the Bishop and the 2nd counselor came over and gave her a blessing. And it was a really spiritual experience, and she started crying and just told us how bad she wanted to be baptized. We also had dinner with Bishop, and their little family is so cute. 

Speaking of miracles, Damian got baptized and confirmed this week! Yay! What was cool is that his mom and his sister, who are not members, came to both the baptism and the confirmation. The baptism was such a spiritual experience for everyone there, and Sister Tuia and I had the chance to teach the Restoration while Damian was getting changed. And there were a lot of investigators there! It was awesome.  But it was super stressful. Because we only had 2 hours to do everything to get ready, fill the font, make the programs, set out the table cloths, and everything. And Sister Tuia thought that we should only make 11 programs and set out like a few chairs.....I don't think she realized that we weren't in the Spanish ward.....so Sister Cook, the Relief Society Pres, got there and was like I know of 30 people that said they were coming. So then Sister Tuia and I had to scramble to make more programs and set up a bunch more chairs but then we realized WE HAD SPELLED DAMIAN'S NAME WRONG and oh my goodness. But the Cook family came in clutch. And they saved us. Haha.

Then on Monday we had MTE's! Which is where the Mission President and the missionaries have a training then we have exchanges! And I got to go to Calexico! It was fun to spend a day with Sister Shields, from Hurricane Utah, and learn from one another.  I learned so much.  And I got to practice my Spanish because Calexico is like 3 minutes from the border and everyone speaks Spanish. We actually were going to run to the border for excercise this morning but we didn't have time because we had to be at a meeting at 8 AM.  But yeah that was awesome!  Our zone is really close and it's awesome.  I feel like we all support each other a lot. And it's awesome!  The imperial valley is awesome. We were able to add 2 new investigators and set 3 people with a baptismal date.  And the training we got was also great!  They really focused on inviting and committing. Then Elder and Sister Reilly took us all out to breakfast because they are leaving this week! Super sad. They were awesome.

I know that Jesus Christ lives and I know He loves us.
Les amo mucho!
Hermana Fowlks
Damian's baptism!
 
Imperial Valley Zone with Elder and Sister Reilly


No comments:

Post a Comment