Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Week 33 - If any of you lack wisdom...

 
This week was pretty stellar!
 
We finished off Tuesday with some intense chair soccer with the Elders.  Elder Balderee kicked me in the shin and it's got a nice bruise on it, but it was WAY fun. Then Tuesday night we had an awesome lesson with Estela.  I think we'll be setting her with a date pretty soon! We've had to move kind of slow with her, but slowly and surely she'll get there!  Then during power hour that night we found a girl named Adriana. She seems pretty cool, and we've been able to talk to her a little through Facebook since she's super busy and is going to college right now.   So Facebook is an awesome tool to share the gospel! Hopefully she progress soon. 
 
Wednesday we woke up and it was still raining! So we got to run in the rain! Sis Speigner didn't really have fun cuz her shoes were getting wet and she really hates running.....but I had tons of fun!
We were also able to teach Adriana through Facebook after that. Then we had dinner with Sister Hayne and her husband. It was really good, I actually ate salmon and didn't have to gag it down! As long as I ate it with the salad that we had it actually wasn't too bad. They then gave us a referral from the Ramona Elders and for us, so that was good. Then we went and tried to find this guy named Mike, but actually found this old lady named Francis who is 97 years old! She is hilarious. She still lives by herself and walks with her walker and everything. And she was wearing a bright purple bath robe. It was hilarious! She was funny.

Then we had a lesson with Jose that went AWESOME.  Sister Valdez was able to come with us, and we were able to teach him about the power of the Book of Mormon.  What was cool was that he had been watching Mormon Messages about the Book of Mormon before he came, so the Spirit totally prepped him.  We set his baptismal date back to November 5.   
 
One of my favorite things that happened was in the lesson this week with Estela.  She has had a hard time understanding the message of the restoration, and so we were teaching it for like the third time, and we read James 1:5 from the Bible with her. And for those of you that aren't familiar with that scripture this is what it says: 
5- If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
And WHAM. It hit her. It was really cool just to see how one scripture can change a person. It made my testimony grow, that's for sure! 
Also, we met this very nice lady from the Philippines who gave us hats because my face was so red! It's cool because they were made in the Philippines and sent directly here. 
 
I loved the women's conference! It was so neat! I felt the spirit so much.  I could feel the love of the prophet through the projector all the way from Utah just when I saw him. It actually made me cry! I can feel the love Jesus Christ has for us through him. It's so cool. We will be watching conference at the stake center, all the missionaries will be there and probably a lot of members. But we will be watching it in English.

Training is going good, it's really hard and I feel like I am making so many mistakes. But I hope that as I do my best then the Lord will make up the rest. The greatest challenge I have is probably just making sure that everything gets done, and also giving instruction without sounding critical. That's hard, especially with Spanish. But it's okay!
 
All is well here in San Diego. God is good. :) 
I love you all! Have a wonderful week! 
Hermana Fowlks
 
Sister Speigner and Sister Fowlks in their fancy new hats from the Philippines!
 
 
Yay for mom sending us Halloween treats and cute witch hats!
 
 
Running in the Rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment