Thursday, December 29, 2016

Week 46 - Caroling with Cholos

Hello all!

I hope you had a good Christmas! Mine was awesome. Good to see the fam, good to eat like a billion tamales. All good stuff.

This week was SO AWESOME!  Drum roll please.....JAMES IS GETTING BAPTIZED! So we had a stellar lesson with him. I will sum up: So he's been struggling a little with accepting a date because he wasn't ready to give up some stuff from his old life. But on Wednesday we were on exchanges (I stayed here with Sis Echeverría) and he was like "I feel like I don't have to wait a long time to get baptized." So I was so excited! And I said "well, then should we set a date?" And I suggested the 7 or 14 of January. And so he said he had to pray about it and he would tell us the next day when we came back. So we go back the next day and he said he still hadn't received an answer. So we felt prompted to kneel down right there with him and have him ask Heavenly Father if he should be baptized on the 7. So we did! And what's funny is that we can't go inside his apartment because no women live there, so we kneel down in the doorway of his apartment. But it was still powerful! And so he says his prayer in Haitian, and obviously I can't understand Haitian very well but it was a very heartfelt prayer. And after he finished he sat there for awhile and said "okay I want to do it on the 7." And it was so exciting! And he's just amazing and is progressing so much. And I love him!  So that was just too good. And that was the definite highlight of the week!

I love you all so much and I know that Heavenly Father answers our prayers. Maybe not in our time, but definitely in His. I know this is true and I know that the Lord works miracles in our lives every day, we just have to find them!

Love,
Hermana Fowlks
 
Sister Klopfer and I with Sister Schmitt (Pres. Schmitt's wife)
at the Christmas devotional in our matching polka dots!
 
Giant missionary selfie!

Me on Christmas morning.

Christmas dinner with some food from El Salvador!

"Caroling with Cholos"  Cholos are Mexican gangsters. 
These guys like to call themselves cholos but they are all just sweeties.
Left to right: Me, Hna Klopfer, Balta, Armando, Elias, Sergio,
Bottom: Eduardo, Darren, and a small child I'm not sure his name.


One  of our cute members gave us presents!

No comments:

Post a Comment