Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Week 50 - The Rain Came Down!

Hello all!
I hope you've had a splendid week. Mine was great! But it was so wet.  It rained so much. There was literally a flash flood! And we got together a few people (us, the elders, and some members) and we bailed people out! That was pretty much our entire weekend. We also found a cool guy named Pablo. He's so awesome, but he doesn't believe in God very much. What's cool is that one of our members was the exact same way, and they have been able to get along very well. Hopefully he will come to church this Sunday! This week we have a big worldwide broadcast so that will be exciting! And I'm so sorry I don't have a lot of time.  But one of our members keeps track of what he does with the missionaries, so this will give you his perspective of what has been going on this week:

 "Ever since Saturday it's been raining and we've been looking to do service and we helped remove water from a flooded bottom half of an apartment complex and help remove water from my house!  We were soaked and super cold and miserable but that makes our bond as memebers even stronger. We've still been walking & street contacting and visiting a young man named Pablo and his family. Which has great potential in my opinion. He reminds me a lot of myself as an investigator.  Also, we've been teaching this elderly man who only has knowledge of the Jehovah Witness's  Bible only.  He showed great interest when he read the introduction of the Book Of Mormon so we just planted the seed. And we went for a hike today! Which was tiring but awesome!"

Missionary work is so awesome. Everyone we talk to doesn't always listen, but we always are trying to help other people and that's what I love about my mission.

So there's a summary!  I hope you all have a great week!  I know that the work is true. And that is church is true.

Hermana Fowlks
mckell.fowlks@myldsmail.net

Sister Fowlks and Sister Garcia bailing out the rain water!

No comments:

Post a Comment